More than just a brand name. Baldwin identifies a birthright to the claim that time-tested skills forge the surest path to timely design solutions. Since 1946, Baldwin Hardware has delivered modern luxury to discriminating homeowners, architects and designers through superior design, craftsmanship and functionality. From being the first to forge solid brass door hardware to setting precedence for Lifetime Finishes?, Baldwin is synonymous with innovation and unsurpassed quality. For those who aspire to make the home much more than mere shelter Baldwin is their assurance that function and elegance, as well as lasting value and luxurious style, can be found within the same fine family of products.
How It's Made
- At Baldwin, we believe that quality should never be a compromise. From using the finest materials to crafting our hardware by hand, we are committed to creating high-quality hardware that not only looks beautiful and flawless but also endures the rigors of time.
Baldwin Mortise Locks: The Original and Still the Best
- Baldwin has ranked first in quality by architects, designers, and builders for decades. Our expertise is so well regarded that our competitors have purchased our locks and latches over the years and continue to do so.
- The Baldwin mortise lock is world-renowned for quality and security. All lock cases are constructed of heavy gauge steel, and plated with a rust-resistant coating to retard oxidation. Working parts are made of solid forged brass, precisely machined for maximum strength and a lifetime of smooth operation. Baldwin forged brass parts offer 250% greater tensile strength than cast components, making Baldwin mortise locks the perfect companion for Baldwin premium trim and entrance sets.
- The deadbolt is reinforced with two hardened steel inserts for maximum protection and security.
- With a 28° rotation for easy turning and smooth operation, Baldwin's Estate latch is an industry standard.
- The anti-friction insert provides quiet closing and reduces strike plate scratches. Lever-strength latches are manufactured with heavy-duty springs to offset the solidity of Baldwin levers.
With a wide spectrum of richly detailed, designer finishes, Baldwin stands alone as the finish leader. All portfolios are available in a variety of finishes and textures. Baldwin finishes are meticulously crafted of the finest materials. Coated with an ultra-hard lacquer, Baldwin finishes are durable and resistant to the effects of wear and tear.
Hand-Relieved Finish Variances
- Product finishes which are hand relieved may vary in luster, hue and appearance as a result of handcrafted variances in the final finishing step.
Lifetime PVD Finishes
- Baldwin's proprietary Lifetime Finishes? in Polished Brass, Polished Nickel and Satin Nickel, create a surface highly resistant to the effects of weather and normal wear and tear, including coastal applications.
- For those who appreciate the patina that comes with a well-loved vintage piece, Baldwin's living finishes continue to change over time.
Product Collections Include:
- Prestige Series
Available Finishes Include: Baldwin offers more than 25 different finishes in 3 categories:
- Brass Tones
- Silver Tones
- Dark Tones